Name: Sue Abbey
First production: I have been helping with refreshments and bits and bobs since my daughters, Alice and Katherine’s, first show which was Goody Two Shoes, since then I have continued to help where I could with most shows.I was elected as Secretary for Centre Stage at the AGM in March 2014 and am hoping to continue with the role. I am enjoying learning more and more about how the shows come together and all the different aspects involved in this process.
Job: School Administrator at a Primary School
Favourite musical – The Sound of Music, was a good cast, performed really well and did justice to the original story, a pleasure to watch and be involved with.
Favourite production: Pantomime – Dick Turpin, the girls played the pantomime cow and I really enjoyed watching them perform that role and practicing for the part.
What do you enjoy about Centre Stage: I enjoy the company of the people, the friends that I have made in all age groups, the feeling of community and being involved in a group all working towards the same goal. It is very satisfying to see the end result of a show and how everyone’s work, commitment, enthusiasm and skills all come together to produce a show that people enjoy coming to see.
Brief Description of Secretary
- Record all personal details, contact numbers and medical information for all members
- Arrange licences and order scripts
- General Administrative duties
- Organise DBS’ and Chaperone Licences
- Keep record of Safeguarding information and relevant certificates
- Update policies
- Take minutes at meetings, type and distribute
- Prepare information for newsletters and programme
- Communicate information with cast and parents
- Liaise with the Council regarding performing regulations